- The Ark
- Michigan's premier folk venue, in Ann Arbor, Mich.
- 4th Fridays
- multi-media entertainment venue in Dearborn, Mich., that showcases gifted Christian artists in music, art, poetry, and comedy in a coffeehouse setting on a monthly basis
- Live! from the Living Room
- weekly acoustic showcase in Orion Township, Mich., hosted by Maggie Ferguson
- MAMAs Coffeehouse
- The Michigan Acoustic Musicians Alliance presents quality monthly shows in Bloomfield Hills, Mich.
- Trinity House Theatre
- Intimate theater offering great acoustic music as well as dramatic works in Livonia, Mich.
- Elderly Instruments
- the best store for acoustic instruments, CDs, books, and accessories in Michigan, as far as we know
- Homestead Pickin' Parlor
- Acoustic instruments, lessons, jam sessions, recordings, and more in the Minneapolis, Minn., suburbs.
- McSpadden Dulcimers
- maker of Eric and Polly's second mountain dulcimer, the Schnaufer model
- Martin Guitar Company
- maker of Eric's favorite guitars
- Wood-N-Strings Dulcimer Shop
- great little store in Townsend, Tenn., where Eric and Polly tried out about twenty mountain dulcimers and finally bought their first one
- John Finan
- A performer since 1978, John Finan is a versatile songwriter, lead and harmony singer, and fine guitarist whom we first met when he was hosting open mics at Xhedos Cafe in Ferndale, Mich.. He has released four CDs.
- Dan Hazlett
- Singer-songwriter-guitarist and sometime songwriter-workshop host who helped us record our first CD.
- Andy Mather
- Andy is a fine guitarist, harmonica-player, singer, and songwriter whose songs range from the rib-tickling to the sublime. We were delighted to have him and his harmonica on our song "Ten Ways to Stay in Love," on More Than Enough.
- Joel Palmer
- Joel is both a solo performer and frontman for the band Dr. Swing. He writes some awesome songs in a variety of styles, and his guitar skills are quite enviable.
- Folk Alliance Region Midwest
- regional chapter of the North American Alliance for Folk Music and Dance (Folk Alliance). The Paint Creek Folklore Society is a member.
- Paint Creek Folklore Society
- organization for folk-music and folklore fans in metro Detroit, of which Eric and Polly were members from 2001 to 2009 (meets in Rochester Hills, Mich.)
- Folks Like Us
- Site for now-defunct weekly public-radio show devoted to all kinds of folk music, old and new, hosted by folk musician Matt Watroba.
- Issues, Etc.
- Talk show discussing theological and cultural issues from the Lutheran perspective, hosted by Pastor Todd Wilken. Eric and Polly did a half-hour phone interview on this program on May 24, 2007, and since then the program has featured various clips of their music in between discussion segments.
- Live Musician Fridays
- Every week from 7 to 9 AM, FM station 95.5 KCHK (New Prague, MN) features local artists. You can find everything from polka bands to Christian country-folk performers--and it's all archived, so you can listen online even if you can't catch the broadcast live.
- The Folk Sampler
- syndicated radio program of folk, traditional, bluegrass and blues, broadcast from the foothills of the Ozarks
Other Cool Sites
- Quick and easy online tool for converting (recording) MIDI files into MP3 files.